- Will API® Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL™ affect my pond’s protein skimmers?
Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL will not disrupt any type of protein skimmer.
- Is there a possibility to overdose Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL in my pond?
When dosing Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL we advise following the directions, but the product formulation does allow for a margin of error in the event a pond is accidentally dosed with slightly higher amount than specified.
- Is it safe to use Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL in my pond with other aquatic animals like snails or turtles?
Yes, it is safe to use Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL with other aquatic animals.
- Can I use Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL with other API products?
Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL can be used in conjunction with any other API water conditioner or medication.
- Will Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL affect the pH in my pond?
When Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL is dosed according to the label the pH will not be affected.
- Can I double the dose for Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL if I have high levels of chloramines?
Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL is designed to treat chloramines without the need to use a double dose. For those customers who automatically double dose there is not a problem using Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL for this, but it is not necessary.
- How often should I wait between doses of Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL?
Once a dose is provided to the pond, it is recommended to wait for 24 to 48 hours between doses.
- How long will Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL bind ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate for?
Once Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL is dosed it will bind the ammonia, nitrite and nitrate for up to 48 hours or longer. Testing is the best way to judge if additional dosing is necessary. In water conditions with highly elevated levels, overstocked with fish, or extremely overfed we always recommend a partial water change after 24 hours to aid the fish in the best water quality. Also, any ammonia or nitrite that is bound by Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL is metabolically available for beneficial bacteria to process. So your biological filters will be able to function when using Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL.
- How much ammonia will be removed per dose of Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL?
When treating for ammonia, with a 5 ml/10 gal. dose of Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL, you should expect a 20-40 ppm reduction in ammonia, based on the accuracy of your measurement of your pond volume.
- How much nitrite will be removed per dose of Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL?
When treating for nitrite, a 5 mL/10 gal. dose of Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL, you should expect a 15-30 ppm reduction in nitrite, based on the accuracy of your measurement of your pond volume.
- How much nitrate will be removed per dose of Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL?
When treating for nitrate, a 5 mL/10 gal. dose of Pond AQUA ESSENTIAL, you should expect a large reduction of nitrate, ~ 40-60 ppm reduction in nitrate, based on the accuracy of your measurement of your pond volume.